Chippy's at Raffles City Basement

Brief post: I was there yesterday with my wife. I thought I wanted some good British fish and chips after I walked by the store a couple of times. The server got my order wrong. That's okay. But they charged a small plastic container worth of ketchup and what I believe to be Mayo for $1. I think its ludicrous since the fish and chips cost $4.15? By the way, I also ordered the fried mars bars.

Bad service and it left a bad feeling in the tummy the whole night. The food didn't sit well. I think the owner of the store wanted to test the stranglehold those other little Taiwanese stores have around Singapore. But I do hope that their quality of food and service improves. I like the place and its in a great location but something just doesn't feel right. Oh wait, that's my stomach.

Food: 4/10
Service: 4/10
Value: 6/10

Hope this helps.

No comments: