Billy Bomber's at Century Square

My wife wanted some burgers for the day so instead of sticking to Mickey D's, we went to Billy Bombers. What I have always liked about the place is that it is trying to be an American burger joint. That's cool. Their burgers are above average and reasonable and service is reasonable as well. I love their MALTs. One of the best Malts in Singapore. I can't deny that. But this time, I was bothered by something else.

2 annoying racists and vulgar young Singaporean Chinese men were sitting behind the wife and I. They were going on and on about America and how they were going to say the N word that ends with digger but without the d when they were in the south. I am not American. My wife is. But being educated there, I have to say that those 2 were an embarrassment to Singapore and I was thoroughly ashamed. My wife gave them a look and they knew it, and they still carried on talking about it. At this point in time, I wanted to ask the kind servers to change our seats but my wife didn't want to. She is kind of confrontational like that. But that's the way I like her.

When our food came, the cowards promptly left. And while I was eating my semi-delicious burger, those 2 annoying young men were walking in front of the restaurant peering in to look at me. They looked not even 21 and those idiots were acting like the biggest pricks in the world. Sorry, didn't mean pricks. I meant dick heads. Wait, didn't mean that too. So sorry. I mean mother f***********************************************sonof a************************. Well, you know what I mean.

Even the great tasting malts could not take away how irritated and ashamed I felt for those ugly Singaporean men. The portions were as usual huge and food was above average. I think that sometimes food can be affected by the ambiance around you. I think so even more after this.

food: 5/10
service: 6/10
value: 6/10

No comments: