Parkway Royal Thai

I can't really remember the name. Is it Parkway Royal Thai or Royal Parkway Thai? I don't know. I went for a lunch buffet which cost $22 per person including GST and the what have yous.

It was a reasonable lunch. It wasn't really great authentic Thai food mind you. But the selection was decent and something the restaurant can get away with. There was Pineapple Fried Rice, white rice, some Pad Thai, green curry, mixed vegetables, bad Tom Yum soup, bad quasi fishball soup, decent cold squid salad, okay papaya salad, some shrimp type curry, and a few other Thai chicken and beef dishes.

Vague description I know. But mind you, this is a buffet. The rules of engagement for a buffet is different. It just have to taste relatively good, and the restaurant doesn't stop you from going 10 rounds around the buffet. The buffet is very much like a marathon, you pace yourself and you eat in good portions, I laugh at Europeans and Americans who take and finish their buffet in 2 plates. That's just silly. For a buffet, you need quantity of decent tasting food. Its the repetition that counts. Not the quality of the food because no decent 5 star restaurant has a buffet. Trust me. I don't know.

This experience was relatively harmless. It was meant for a farewell lunch for a colleague, and he had his fill. Which was good. Would I go back to the restaurant again? No. Not really. Would I recommend it to my friends? No. Not really. The service was relatively good and prompt and $22 per person is QUITE value for money for lunch. I left the restaurant without having changed my mind about Thai food, because I love Thai food. So I guess this is a positive.

No comments: