Man Fu Yuan - Intercontinental Hotel













I was concerned by the lack of customers. It's just before Chinese New Year and a Chinese restaurant is empty! What? We were surrounded by tourists, and some locals. (Isn't that like everywhere in Singapore)

Service was good. Food was good. Jelly and I really digged the soup of the day, the double boiled pork and melon soup. Ha Kaw and Char Siew Bao were fresh. The Siew Mai and Shanghai dumplings were lovely. The only thing that got me was the custard bun which of course my wife Jelly loves and I didn't. The egg tarts were styled in a way that I didn't appreciate but still tasty none the less.

Why I will not come here again: Its quite tough to get to because it is hidden in some obscure corner and the food is good but do I really have to pander to my Chinese roots in Bugis Junction when I know that Arab street, and all that lovely Indian Muslim food is around the corner?

Why I will come here again: We came to Man Fu Yuan because honestly, Hua Ting was fully booked. Sigh. I think this would be a good place to have peaceful, good Tim Sum without the rush and the crowd.

No comments: