Sunset Bar and Grill

Legend goes that there is a need for a place that not many Singaporeans know. And this is the place that we should sup. I believe this place is Sunset bar and grill.

Probably well known among pilot cadets or Seletar East Camp NS men, Sunset Bar and Grill is a rustic and quiet. My table seated at the platform facing the run way was way cool. I loved the ambiance. It was nothing fantastic but it was just something about the place that I liked, that casual be yourself type atmosphere is both endearing and engaging. My friends ordered the fried chicken wings which were pretty good, and the level 2 buffalo wings which were already very spicy. For those Jessica Simpsons out there, buffalo wings are not from buffalos. Its chicken wings , which is shaped liked a buffalo. Don't ask me why, but this is what I have heard. And by the way, chicken of the sea, isn't really chicken either, its tuna.

As I was saying, we ordered also the hamburger with bacon which was just okay, a BLT sandwich which my wife liked, Nachoes and cheese and fried Calamari. Yeah, we ordered quite abit of finger food. But it was all good. I would have preferred sitting inside to escape the mosquitoes but outside was fine. The boys downed some beers and the ladies adhered to the soft drinks.

I left the place reminiscing my flying days. The days when I was care free and dumb .... Even though I have never flown a plane before, or flown like Superman before, what struck me was that food goes well with flying .... Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind going back again. Even though we did pay $13o for finger food and drinks. I thought it was worth it. This is a place to DEFINITELY bring your girlfriend. Lots of makeout corners in the camp.

food: 6/10
service: 7/10
value: 5/10

Hope this helps.

No comments: