Swiss Baeckerei at Frankel Ave

This review is about one week late. So forgive me.

I wanted to go somewhere new with my wife for breakfast. We thought of somewhere in the east and during my reservists, a guy told me that Frankel Ave had a few nice places to try. And so we did. The after my reservists ended, we went to Frankel Ave to have breakfast.

We walked in to the cafe, it maybe had 8 tables maximum, the smell of fresh bread permeated the place. I liked it. My wife ordered the eggs and sausage, I ordered the special veal sandwich with melted cheese on the top. Let me just say that I am not a cheese person but I thought that my sandwich was fairly good. My wife liked the eggs and sausage as well. They have this gargantuan $23 sandwich that my reservist mate told me about. I actually wanted to try and order that, but decided I didn't want to kill myself so early in the day.

Service was slightly disorganized but still okay for a small restaurant. We even ordered some sausages and ham which were excellent and bread to go. The total bill was about $45? But I thought it was alright considering all the food we bought for the next few days. It was a good experience. To our surprise, there was even a Cedele's there on the stretch and a seafood restaurant transplanted from Clarke Quay called Blue Lobster. I should be going back pretty soon.

Food: 6/10
Service: 5/10
Value: 6/10

Bring your wife there for a quiet breakfast or the after sex meal in the morning....

Hope this helps.

No comments: